TERMS AND CONDITIONS
*Any Payment or Booking is an agreement that you have read and agree to the Terms and Conditions set out by Alaia Mentawai.
A USD$500 Per Person deposit is due at the time of booking to reserve your dates.No trip dates will be reserved until the deposit has been received by all members of the group (a US$25 international transfer fee will apply)
Deposits are non-refundable and may be used towards a future trip (within two years from date of receipt).
• Final Payment is due 60 days prior to your Alaia Mentawai arrival date and is non-refundable but may be used towards a future trip (within two years from date of receipt)(US$25 international transfer fee apply)If cancelled within the requirements of our cancellation policy and Rescheduling Fees may apply.
If The final Payment has not been received 60 days before your trip commencement we have the right to cancel your dates and re- open the dates, you may lose any payments you have made.
• Payments are required to be made by Credit Card, International Bank Transfer,or a Paypal Transfer. We will provide you with bank details or a Paypal invoice upon your reservation
• Extras ( expenses at the resort ) can be paid by cash or Paypal( VISA and MasterCard)
• Any form of payment constitutes acceptance of the Terms and Conditions stated on this site
• Any Fees Charged incurred for International Transfer Transactions will be borne by the guest from the country of remittance and by Alaia Mentawai in the Indonesian receiving bank. Exchange rate will be calculated on the day of transfer
• Credit Card – Credit Card Paypal Payments can be arranged with Alaia Mentawai at the Resort. All payments made by credit card (Visa and MasterCard only) will be subject to a Paypal 4.4% surcharge
• In the case of last minute bookings, where it is impractical or very difficult to make a deposit by our stated payment options above, we will accept cash on arrival (post 2002, unmarked USD banknotes – F series, AUD, Euro, JPY and Indonesian Rupiah only)
• Other charges incurred during guests stay (eg: laundry service, room service, bar, massage treatments...) will be invoiced to guest prior to departure
• Alaia Mentawai accepts payments only in Indonesian Rupiah. USD, AUD, JPY. Payments by traveler’s checks, other currencies or personal checks will not be accepted
If you wish to reschedule your booking you must contact us as soon as possible. A request to reschedule your booking must be made in writing at least 60 days before Arrival to Alaia by email, If cancellation received 60 days' prior to Arrival no rescheduling fee shall apply. If a request is made to reschedule with less than 60 days before Arrival to Alaia, but with a minimum 30 days’ notice by email, a rescheduling fee equal to 50% of the paid deposit shall apply. If a request is made to reschedule less than 30 days before Arrival to Alaia Rescheduling is not possible and no credit or refund will be given.
If Rescheduling, the first reschedule will only incur the increased costs if there has been a price increase once making your final trip payment, if you reschedule for a second time you will incur any increase in price as well as you will be required to make full payment at the time of rescheduling.
CANCELLATION POLICY :
Deposits and Final Payments are not-refundable in case of cancellation.
In the case a Credit is given, the credit will be deducted from the Trip rate that is offered at the time of rebooking which may be higher than the original quoted rates.
In the case of a Cancellation of any members of a group booking, The remaining members of the original trip may have a daily rate increase.
Cancellation of a trip must be made within 60 days of your Arrival to Alaia, and all deposits are non-refundable. There are no refunds or partial refunds given for early departures from Alaia Mentawai due to, poor surf, bad weather, or injury. Additionally, there are no refunds paid for reasons pertaining to unstable global, national, natural, or local political situations, including weather, natural disasters, disease, war, acts of terrorism, or missed airline flights due to any Padang – Alaia Mentawai – Padang travel delays.
Rates are subject to change in the case of a significant increase in the cost of fuel or other necessary items involved in the Daily operation of Alaia Mentawai.
TRAVEL INSURANCE :
A Travel Insurance with medical evacuation coverage is mandatory for your personal safety.Due to Alaia been in such a Remote Location without adequate Medical Help close by this is a must for all Alaia Mentawai Guests.Alaia has the right to refuse any guest who does not have addquate Travel Insurance.Please bring a photocopy of your Insurance Policy with you and please email a copy to Resort Management.
1. Passports must be valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure from your country to enter Indonesia
2. If applicable, a valid visa is required for travel to Indonesia
AIRLINE & FERRY RELATED INFORMATION :
1. Alaia Mentawai will endeavor to fulfill guests travel requests at time of booking. However, due to the unreliable nature and limited options for transport to and from Sumatra mainland, Alaia Mentawai will not be held responsible for delays or cancellation to transport services. Alaia Mentawai reserves the right to facilitate guests transport to and from the Mentawai Islands via alternative means when the guests chosen form of transport is cancelled, if there is a difference in cost between the first chosen transport and the alternative transport, guests will be required to pay the difference.
2. Alaia Mentawai is not responsible for airline board fees or baggage policies,Cancellations etc.
3. Alaia Mentawai does not accept any responsibility for late arrival or non-arrival of surfboards/surfboard bags or any other luggage
4. Alaia Mentawai is not responsible for Mentawai Fast board bag fees or baggage policies
NUMBERS IN PARTY / SUITABILITY :
The numbers of persons occupying a bungalow must not exceed the number stated in the booking confirmation,Outside visitors are not allowed within Resort grounds.. Alaia Mentawai reserves the right to ask guests to leave or refuse any booking, which, in its opinion, is unsuitable for the bungalow.
Alaia Mentawai is not responsible for health problems arising from environmental factors during your stay.
Alaia Mentawai will use all due care for the provision of its services and activities provided to guests. Guests participate in activities and use services at Alaia Mentawai at their own risk. No liability or responsibility is accepted by Alaia Mentawai for any injury, illness, damage, loss, accident, expense, or any other claim arising from involvement in any activities or provision of any services how so
ever suffered, even in circumstances where staff of Alaia Mentawai may have negligently breached any duty of care that it or they may owe or have owed in connection with such activities, conduct, supervision, or the provision of services. Alaia Mentawai will no longer be liable for direct or indirect losses, arising from any such injury, illness, damage, loss accident, or expense including consequential loss or economic loss however caused.Alaia Mentawai strictly condones the use of drugs, Any guest found to be partaking in drug use will be immediately removed from Alaia Mentawai.
If the guest considers that he/she has cause for complaint concerning their stay at Alaia Mentawai, then the matter should be taken up with the Resort Manager who in turn will notify the Resort Management Company. In such cases, if the Resort Management Company considers the complaint valid, a refund may be offered. This will have to be discussed and approved among the various strata of the Resort Management Company and might take several weeks to finalize. No liability shall arise beyond the refund of the monies paid. The Resort Management Company will not entertain claims lodged by the guest upon departure or after return home when it is no longer possible to investigate the complaint effectively
All guests agree to respect local cultures while travelling within Indonesia and while at Alaia Mentawai.
*Alaia Mentawai has the right to modify Terms and Conditions for any reason necessary.